Keep calm, don't panic and [Ctrl+Space]

I'M SO SORRY FOR THESE AWFUL PUNS I CAN'T HELP IT.

TIL the Rust compiler panics. A lot. Okay, it wasn't today, it was last week. Still. At this point I feel bad because I feel like I'm constantly coming out with something bad to say about Rust. I swear, I love the language. So I'm just going to point it out and move on: libsyntax panics on a lot of lexing and parsing errors. There. Moving on...

I have to admit, I spent too much time thinking of something interesting and engaging to write in this blog post but unfortunately it's just going to be a small progress report. You know the famous saying, a gif is worth a thousand words...

Highlighting

In my last post I showed highlighting done for declarations, but uses were not highlighted. Lo and behold...

Video should appear here; if it doesn't click here

This also means that go-to-declaration works as well. You might notice the uses aren't highlighted the same color as the declarations. That's a mistake on my part and I'm working to fix that.

Renaming

As I've said before, KDevelop does a lot of things out-of-the-box if it has the Declaration-Use chain for a project. Renaming declarations is one of them.

Video should appear here; if it doesn't click here

Very basic code completion

In the spirit of short recordings, here's another one.

Video should appear here; if it doesn't click here

(yes, the cursor is slightly off in all of these; blame the recording software)
(((also if the videos aren't loading, you can view them here, here and here)))

Up next

Some more interesting things for code completion are coming up. Also, the Rust compiler has amazing error messages and I'm currently looking into getting the diagnostics out of libsyntax and show them in KDevelop. I'm looking into parsing imported modules as well, starting with libstd. All exciting stuff.

I'll also be speaking at KDE's Akademy this weekend, so if you're there, please feel free to drop by and say hi. I won't bite. :)

Comments

  1. This looks absolutely amazing and I'm glad you're working on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts